Eligibility / Requirements
Requirements and Expectations for Student Participants
How do you recognize a Discovery Student Adventure student? Our participants are:
- In 5th through 12th Grade
- Curious about the world
- Open-minded and excited to learn about new places and cultures
- Responsible students who maintain a good academic standing
- Active participants, ready to challenge themselves and experience new adventures
Students should be reasonably fit before travel to take part in some of the more adventurous activities. These vary by itinerary, but may include:
- Hiking 3–5 miles a day over uneven terrain in various weather conditions
- Exciting overnight experiences, including camping, sleeping on ships, or even staying in a snow cave in New Zealand
- Mountain biking
To ensure students’ health and well-being, we ask each participant to complete a confidential health form.
Teachers interested in leading a life-changing adventure must meet their own eligibility requirements.