Baton, Pacuare Reserve, Costa Rica
- Brave white water rapids on a pulse-racing rafting adventure down the Pacuare River.
- Navigate your boat through a remote section of rainforest and keep an eye out for crocodiles, snakes, and iguanas.
- Arrive at the Pacuare Biological Reserve, a science research outpost, and meet the experts who study the three species of endangered sea turtles found locally: leatherback turtle, green turtle, and hawksbill turtle.
- Interact with locals at the remote village of Parismina, accessible only by boat or plane; prepare a traditional meal, then lend a hand making crafts.
- Join volunteers and researchers working together to preserve and protect sea turtle populations.
- Patrol a beach at night with head lamps and watch for turtles coming ashore to lay their eggs.
- Remove debris from the shoreline that poses a danger to wildlife.
La Fortuna, Costa Rica
- Volunteer for the Asis Project, a biological reserve, wildlife rescue center, and environmental education institute.
- Help rehabilitate, feed, and build cages for monkeys, sloths, peccaries, and other exotic animals that may soon be released back into the wild.
- Visit a local high school and meet students studying agriculture and ecology.
- Join forces with students to build green houses, plant trees, and create natural fence lines.
- Understand the local school system when you tour their facilities.
Punta Leona, Costa Rica
- Paddle alongside the shoreline in your outrigger canoe and behold amazing waterfalls, pristine beaches, and exotic animals.
- Snorkel the warm, tranquil waters of the Pacific and admire brilliantly colored sea life.
- Witness the spectacle of one of the 10 most active volcanoes in the world, Arenal volcano. Arenal is a nearly perfect example of a cone volcano with fairly constant moderate explosions of sound, gas, and ash.
- Understand the importance of the volcano to the region’s ecology, and compare the wildlife here with the species you encountered on the Caribbean coast.
- Reach new heights on the Sky Trek. Board the Sky Tram that will take you up over the rainforest, and then test your resolve by strapping into the Sky Trek. Sky Trek is a system of zip lines taking you high above the rainforest and down through the trees—the longest zip line in your track is more than a half-mile in length.
- Experience sheer adrenaline as you zip above the rainforest via a system of cables—reaching heights of up to 524 feet.
- Trek through the rainforest to enjoy a dip in a waterfall pool.
- Experience a tropical paradise and observe colorful amphibians—your guide will be sure to point out the blue jeans poison dart frog and the black and green poison dart frog.
- Watch the treetops for howler monkeys.
- Journey to Eco Termales Hot Springs to enjoy the curative mineral waters heated by the Arenal volcano.
- Hike through the rainforest to find hidden natural treasure in some of the most spectacular waterfalls in Costa Rica.
- Challenge yourself by rappelling down the waterfalls (or a nearby dry rock face) to the beautiful canyon below.
* Trip itinerary subject to change.